I LOVE CUPCAKES AND DITZIE COUTURE!

I LOVE CUPCAKES AND DITZIE COUTURE!
May all of these creative whimsies of mine delight the cupcake connoisseurs and let the fashion couturists come together in this fanciful blog I have created for you! Ditzie Cakes loves to make pretty things! Come and share with me! -Andie

Saturday, February 28, 2009

FABULOUS AND FANCIFUL!

I am on a new mission to try a more fanciful cupcake based on some traditionally named cakes. This one above gave me the idea! I have started you all off with my version of the German Chocolate Cake which by the way was never originally created by a German. I am happy to say that, even though I am German, this cake wouldn't make a German proud. I am not putting this lovely cake down...No! No! No! It has wonderful nuances that are working well together. Such as, the light and airy chocolate cake. It's as if I have actually recreated a chocolate souffle! I was almost afraid to top it with the custard pecan coconut frosting fearing that it would deflate! It needed a little bit more...so I added a mocha cream frosting to the edges an dsprinkled it with a few more shavings of coconut! I really do like this one and I can't wait to add more to fine dessert menu very soon! Stay tuned!

No comments: