I LOVE CUPCAKES AND DITZIE COUTURE!

I LOVE CUPCAKES AND DITZIE COUTURE!
May all of these creative whimsies of mine delight the cupcake connoisseurs and let the fashion couturists come together in this fanciful blog I have created for you! Ditzie Cakes loves to make pretty things! Come and share with me! -Andie

Monday, May 20, 2013

OCEAN BLUES FOR THE BRIDAL SHOWER!


Usually baking cakes is not typically one of the things that I do here at Ditzie Cakes but it was a challenging request that I didn't mind taking on. I will also have to admit that one cake severely had a cake flop because it towered so high! Gratefully, I did not wait until the morning to add the coconut to the sides of the cake! By witnessing the disaster by six o'clock the evening before,  I knew I had until midnight to prepare a brand new cake! Well, we decided to make it one layer less this time and it was a huge success! Damn! The uncertainties of cake baking as this was my first disaster ever but so happy that I had time to make another! So the menu was a Pina Colada {my unfortunate cake disaster} Lemon Blueberry with white chocolate buttercream and a Hazelnut  Mousse Ganache. I was also pleasantly surprised with my first attempt to do an Ombre buttercream! Yes, we will try more ombres in the next cake challenge for sure!
 {photography by: andie from ditzie cakes}

No comments: